Team Size: 1
Team Member(s): Manan Gakhar, Joydeep Mondal
Time Period: November'17
Technologies/Concepts Used: Etherium Blockchain, OpenCV, Python Flask
Winner, Consensys Prize
We design and implement a system based on a blockchain architecture and face recognition for the conducting indian election. Our solution deals with many of the persistent problems in the process -
- Counting Delays: Often a delay in announcing poll results. Needless effort spent on exit polls.
- Tedious Process: Aggregating votes from all machines is a tedious process.
- Easy Voter Fraud: Voter Cards are Easily Duplicable.
- Lack of Trust: Who is responsible for miscounting?
- Privacy Invasive: Apprehensive to biometrics. Can be tricked into identity theft.
- Voter Proxy: Voter proxy in exchange for bribes is very common
- Scalability: Difficult to set up centres in remote areas.
- Technophobia: Apprehension to use technology beyond EVMs in voting procedure.